Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Coffee Martini

Mixology is such an exciting art. I have always wanted to take courses on mixology, but am yet to realize this dream. I started reading about it from different websites and often experiment at home. So far I have made various types of cocktails and most of the time they tasted good. The best thing about mixology is that there are no bounds on the "ingredients" per-se; you can tweak with your choice of spirit, liquor, mixers (or even their portions) and the taste differs so much.
Today I was in mood to try a new cocktail and my husband wanted it to be a bit strong. So I decided on Kalhua and Amaretto, which I recently bought, and used Baileys which was sitting in my fridge from a long time. The surprise item of this cocktail was milk. I never made a cocktail using milk earlier, so I was excited. Believe me it tasted AWESOME! Give it a try.



Ingredients:
(To make 1 drink)
Amaretto (Almond flavored liqueur) - 1 and 1/2 Oz
Kahlua (Coffee flavored rum) - 1/2 Oz
Baileys Irish Cream - 1/2 Oz
Heavy Cream - 1 and 1/2 Oz
Ice cubes

Preparation:
Put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
Add ice in it.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass. You can serve it on the rocks as well.
I sprinkled a pinch of coffee granules on top.



Type: Martinis
Glass: Martini
Strength: Strong

1 comment :

Sutapa said...

oho! I tried Kalhua a week back..So, Can imagine how good this is.