Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Traveling from Boston to Kolkata

Hello from the other side of the world!!! We reached Kolkata! Yay! I am so excited that am not yet feeling tired even after the arduous journey of almost 24 hrs. Pretty sure jet lag will hit me soon!! I slept the whole time in flight. Whenever I take a flight, I feel like I am drugged or something, I sleep so much!  Here is a sneak peak of our journey from Boston to Kolkata. All photos were taken on my cell phone (One Plus 2) camera, so please don't mind the picture quality.

For lunch on Emirates Boston to Dubai, I opted for Hindu non-veg meal. They served a cold orzo salad, bread-butter, cheese, bread sticks & goat cooked with pesto (served with green beans, pumpkin & roasted potatoes). The orzo salad was pretty good, however the goat meat was a little overcooked. Dessert was chocolate cherry crisp which was really tasty!


For breakfast they served omelet with baked beans, sauted mushrooms, croissant, fruits & orange juice.


We had a 6 hours layover at Dubai International Airport. We roamed around the  airport checking out the duty free shops. You will never get bored at this airport as there are so many stores to visit. No matter what time in the night it is, this place is always alive!


Before boarding the next flight, we had to eat something and we had food vouchers from Emirates. It listed restaurants where you can use the vouchers. Obviously D cannot think of anything else if he sees any mention of biryani on the menu. So we had chicken biryani at Wafi Goumet and it was a bad choice! It will be an understatement even if I say that the food was bad.


The 2nd leg of the flight, from Dubai to Kolkata was a much shorter haul of 4hrs. They served only breakfast on this flight. It was spiced scrambled eggs, spiced potatoes with peas, jalapeno bites, fruits, bread & cake. The eggs were so salty and watery, I couldn't even make out that it was eggs!


So finally after a 24 hour journey, we reached Kolkata and you can understand how excited I am. So much so that I am decided to blog about my experience today itself! Please check my Facebook page and Instagram feed for more photos and stories of my travelogue.



No comments :